Fixlet Run process and release control of it

Need to run a process and release control of it, and say completed.
I have changed wait to run and everything I have read says; using the Run command, the action script will continue on to the next lines of the action script.
but in reality, it sits running the line of the run command where it is running the run.bat until the process in the run.bat finishes. the only thing I can figure, is this is because the OverRide is involved? but I need the OverRide, so I can run as current user.
any ideas?

override run
runas=currentuser
completion=job
hidden=true
run “{parameter “outsideOfClientFolder”}\run.bat”

Yes, the use of completion=job overrides ‘run’ to behave as a ‘wait’. Just take that line out (you can keep the user override settings, just don’t override the completion check)

thank you that seems to have done the trick.

just a follow up, because this allow the script to continue on, it does not get a return code from the process launched, so in my tests it will fail the action. so you can force the exit code to 0 by changing this: exit %SWDExitCode% to this exit 0

also leaves this file “SWD_DeploymentResults.log” open and can’t be deleted, so it fails on this. I think if you change this line
echo Return code: %SWDExitCode% >> “{parameter “logFolder”}{parameter “logFile”}”

to this

echo Return code: 0 >> “{parameter “logFolder”}{parameter “logFile”}”

then the file should close naturally.

If you need to handle things based on the return code, you shoukd probably just leave it all at defaults (where the action stays Running until the installer process completes).

You can also create another problem condition if you try to run another software installation before the first one completes.

thank you
This have become a cascade of issues, once I remove the completion=job then two a sections below we were using to suppress the UAC prompt, no longer works. This would not normally be a huge issue, but this is a custom reboot program we wrote for after windows updates are installs, so people have a better way to schedule a reboot then the Bigfix default reboot prompt. but the UAC prompts gives the users a way to get out of the reboot program, by just declining the UAC.

//disable the UAC prompt
regset “[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]” “ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin”=dword:0
if {x64 of operating system}
regset64 “[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]” “ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin”=dword:0
endif

and to re-enable it

//re-enable the UAC prompt
regset “[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]” “ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin”=dword:5
if {x64 of operating system}
regset64 “[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]” “ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin”=dword:5
endif