Fixlet relevance query

Hi, I am working on relevance for viewing just relevant OS patches released for Windows servers for the past two months using specific categories. To replicate what I see in my view in WSUS. The categories seem to show properly, but the names I am trying to filter out (SQL/Exchange, etc) is not working. What am I missing?

https://server.domain.xxx:52311/api/query?relevance=names of bes fixlets whose (month_and_year of source release date of it = (month_and_year of current date - 2*month) and display name of site of it contains “Patches for Windows” and (category of it contains “Critical Updates” or category of it contains “Security Update” or category of it contains “Service Packs” or category of it contains “Update” or category of it contains “Update Rollup”) and (name of it does not contain “SQL” or name of it does not contain “Exchange Server” or name of it does not contain “Sharepoint” or name of it does not contain “Java” or name of it does not contain “Adobe” or name of it does not contain “Lync” or name of it does not contain “Skype” or name of it does not contain “Microsoft Live Meeting”))

Also, once I have a complete relevance, how do I add this into my console? I tried doing this with a custom filter, but you cannot use your own relevance in custom filters, unfortunately. Also cannot use clauses in custom filters like you can in WebReports. That would be super helpful too.

I believe this is occurring since you have logical ORs for each of the name filters. Try with ANDs:

names of bes fixlets whose (month_and_year of source release date of it = (month_and_year of current date - 2*month) and display name of site of it contains "Patches for Windows" and (category of it contains "Critical Updates" or category of it contains "Security Update" or category of it contains "Service Packs" or category of it contains "Update" or category of it contains "Update Rollup") and (name of it does not contain "SQL" AND name of it does not contain "Exchange Server" AND name of it does not contain "Sharepoint" AND name of it does not contain "Java" AND name of it does not contain "Adobe" AND name of it does not contain "Lync" AND name of it does not contain "Skype" AND name of it does not contain "Microsoft Live Meeting"))

And here’s another variation to consider:

names whose (it does not contain "SQL" AND it does not contain "Exchange Server" AND it does not contain "Sharepoint" AND it does not contain "Java" AND it does not contain "Adobe" AND it does not contain "Lync" AND it does not contain "Skype" AND it does not contain "Microsoft Live Meeting") of bes fixlets whose (fixlet flag of it AND display name of site of it = "Patches for Windows" AND month_and_year of source release date of it = (month_and_year of current date - 2*month) AND "|Critical Updates|Security Update|Service Packs|Update|Update Rollup|" contains ("|" & category of it & "|"))

As to adding it to the Console, this is feasible via a custom Domain Specification within a Custom Site. I’ll have to see if I can find an example.

1 Like