Fixlet gets installed separately but not in baseline

I am installing smart view plugin for office on endpoints from a baseline. It says that smartview component is completed but nothing is visible on machine. When i push that same fixlet out of the baseline, separately it completes and is visible on machine too a plugin. Any suggestions?

Action should operate the same as a single action as in a multiple action group. I am struggling to envision a scenario like this and what might cause it.

Does something in the baseline put things into a state that is not present for the single action?
(example, single user mode on Solaris or something that sets the pending reboot flag).

We might need more details to figure this one out, @Aradhana.

Machine does get rebooted in the baseline twice before smartview gets pushed but there is no other relevance either to the fixlet or in the baseline that might impact the installation in anyway. Moreover, it says completed in baseline too. There is a component of Oracle Client that installs before Smartview which creates folder as C:\Oracle and smartview also creates the same. Is it because of that? that smartview fixlet is not able to override the folder.

Then, it does not explain why it installs when we run the fixlet separately. What information can i share to help explain the case?

Thanks for the update @Aradhana
The information about reboot eliminates one of my “what if” conditions.
Completed in the baseline, not Fixed? Sounds like Task instead of Action.
Ah - does your smartview install have more than one Action choice (and is default action not the one you want?) This would make it behave differently in a baseline…

Smartview is set as default action but it does not have any other action choice. I set it to run as default action to run it smoothly in baseline but it does not.

All I can say for sure is that this is not expected behavior. It may help to post the client logs of this task running as a single action, and running under a baseline, so we could compare differences in the log.
Including the task relevance could help too.

One thing that comes to mind is your note about it being “visible”. I wonder whether it is configured to install in User context rather than Machine context. If it has relevance like ‘exists logged on users’ that is True when the baseline first starts to run, but toggles to False after a reboot, that might make it appear to be Fixed (because the relevance changed to False, even if the component action did not execute)

Let me share the client logs. With “visible”, I meant since it is a plugin then it is is visible in excel if i push it separately but not from baseline. I will share the client logs to understand the issue.

From Baseline.pdf (68.2 KB)
From fixlet.pdf (68.2 KB)

These are the client logs. I couldn’t find any difference in two, maybe you can check.

I…don’t see the fixlet or the group actions in either of those. You have the action IDs we should be looking for?

00-1121405 and 00-1125682

Those…are not in these logs as far as I can see.

The two log files are the same, and the only actions in it are 4 CIT Scanner actions (part of Inventory or ILMT).