Fixlet Compliance report - computerCount

We are using one of Lee Wei’s reports, Fixlet Compliance by Computer Group for department compliance reporting. It works fine for the majority of departments, but not our Citrix farm.
Our Citrix builds roll every Wednesday off a patched gold image. Since I do not currently have client identity enabled, the servers get built with no patch history (0 applicable/0 installed/0 outstanding fixlets). With no patch history, they null out on the report and do not get reported in the server count.
ie There are currently 1000+ Citrix servers in the custom site. The report is applicable to all servers in that site, and shows 578 this morning. (Note: some of those are the build and management servers)
For the report to be usable for my Citrix team, I need a data point to refer to the pre-relevance site membership vs after WebReports relevance count. Our relevance only reports MS Low-Crit.
Does anyone know what that element id would be?

Here is the line in the report that refers to the server count:
var computerCount = destTable.rows.length - 1;
document.getElementById(“computerCount”).innerHTML = (computerCount == 1 ? “1 Computer” : numberWithCommas(computerCount) + " Computers");

Thanks. I would ask Lee directly but I am not sure he is available.

1 Like

I understand the challenge you’re describing with Citrix systems and how the report won’t work in that scenario, but I’m not following what you want to change. Are you trying to exclude the Citrix servers from the report or how are you wanting to change what the report calculates?

Sorry don’t know if I explained it correctly, but the server count on the report is lower than the servers subscribed to the site that the report runs against.

There are currently 1067 servers subscribed to the Citrix site. The report is then run against the group that is used for the site membership.

Report output:

What I believe is happening is that the servers not getting counted were built off fully patched gold images which would then have no patch history. Since the report counts Applicable Fixlets 0/Installed Fixlets 0/Outstanding Fixlets 0, the math is then %null for compliance. Am guessing that %null can’t be counted in the “computerCount” server count. The compliance numbers should still be correct because those servers are still 100% compliant.
I am basically just looking for a data ID to use that would be “pre-relevance” in Webreports and count the group membership number before the compliance output. Not sure if that is possible.

1 Like

Ok, that helps. If I follow correctly, the issue is that less servers are showing up in the report than actually exist (578 vs 1067). You suspect that is due to the re-built images have 0 (previously) applicable fixlets and 0 outstanding fixlets, which is probably the case. So you’d like to update the report logic to treat systems with 0/0 for their compliance calculation to show up as 100% compliant instead of being hidden.

I’m not sure that will be possible without a somewhat significant re-write of or addition to the report, but I will try to review it this afternoon to see if there is an easy way. My sense is that the report keys off of fixlet results, and these re-rolled systems won’t have any, thus the exclusion from the report.