Fix for Upgrade to Wrong Directory

Hi, Looking for advice on the setting, fixlet, or other remediation to correct if an upgrade was pointed toward the wrong installation directory? Currently at 9.2.4.

Can you be a bit more specific? Are you trying to move an install location? Of what component?

During upgrade to 9.2.4, during setup run, the prompt defaults to C drive (and this was selected), but the install was actually E drive, how can it be corrected? Thinking the best option is to re-install the server on a separate server and move the agents over? It is affecting relevance and other SOAP-related functions. Thanks!

Sorry, on 9.5.4.38. I was wrong on the current version.

This might get a bit complicated so I’d suggest opening a PMR

You might be in a hybrid approach with some values on one location and some in another due to the previous install.

Ok thanks, Alan. Appreciate it!

Hi @sysadmin

Be careful with moving from C to E. From my experience (yes, we did this already since we couldn’t extend our C-drive), it is asking for problems. If you have the option to restore the server (restore a backup?) and chose the correct location to begin the upgrade, this is your way to go. The other option is to have the server fully cleaned and install the server component from scratch.

We made the mistake by not starting from a clean server (this was not possible at that time) and we had a lot of problems (like the plugins where directing to the old installation directory etc) that had to be fixed manually and with the help of support.

So like @AlanM says, you should definitely open a PMR and let Support tell you what to do.