Find computers with wrong system time, or date

(imported topic written by Shembop91)

Had someone ask for a list of computers with the wrong date on them. Is there any way to find the system’s date, and perhaps time?

(imported comment written by Shembop91)

Here is what I did. Not sure if this is going to give me a true answer or not.

((string value of selects “month from Win32_LocalTime” of WMI)&"/"&(string value of selects “day from Win32_LocalTime” of WMI)&"/"&(string value of selects “year from Win32_LocalTime” of WMI))

(imported comment written by NoahSalzman)

Not sure if there is a shorter Relevance statement than this one:

now

(imported comment written by Shembop91)

…chuckling…

Yeah, but that brings back the time and date kinda nasty like.

What I actually needed was to be able to see just the date the system was reporting in a format that was very sortable.

Ah, then do it this way… much faster than wmi (see the time difference below):

q: ((string value of selects “month from Win32_LocalTime” of WMI)&"/"&(string value of selects “day from Win32_LocalTime” of WMI)&"/"&(string value of selects “year from Win32_LocalTime” of WMI))

A: 11/10/2010

T: 72.133 ms

q: (year of it as string & “/” & month of it as two digits & “/” & day_of_month of it as string) of current date

A: 2010/11/10

T: 0.067 ms

(imported comment written by BenKus)

There is a built-in Fixlet that does this…

Ben

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Go on then… tell us what the built-in Fixlet name is

or is it called “Ben” :smiley:

Cidermark

(imported comment written by MattBoyd)

I think it’s called “BES Clients Have Incorrect Clock Time” and it’s in the BES Support site.

How cool would a “Ben” fixlet be? If they could capture all his knowledge of the BigFix product and put it in a fixlet. It would be the self fixing fixlet of all fixlets. :slight_smile:

It would be a helluva relevance clause :slight_smile:

I’m sure it would exceed some character limit… 'cause, trust me, Ben has lots of character.