Filtering Web Reports by Action to report on Action pending restart

(imported topic written by Niall.Fraser)

Hi,

I have recently started to use TEM 8.2, and have a question about Web Reports

Is it possible to apply a filter to an Actions report? In Explore Data, If I select Actions, I can see the data that I want to report on, but there does not seem to be a way of filtering on Actions, only on Computer, Content, Saved Filter or Site.

The reason I am asking this is that we patch our Windows servers out of hours, at the weekend, and some of them require to be manually rebooted after patching, because they are clustered, and need to be failed over in a controlled manner. We have a team that carry out these reboots, but they don’t have access to TEM, so can’t tell when the servers have completed patching, so currently they log in a couple of hours after patching starts - patching normally takes up to 30 minutes. However, I was hoping to get TEM to send an email to the guys in the team, when all of the servers in a particular action were “Pending Restart”.

I am unable to create a report that just includes the action that I want as I can’t filter on the columns in the action report.

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can do this - or any other work arounds.

thanks

Niall