File Scripting Object

(imported topic written by everestt23)

Help! I’ve run the FSO fixlet - “File System Object Registered” MS Source Q240797 but I want to undo it.

I have looked at the relevance and it’s:

exists key “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{0D43FE01-F093-11CF-8940-00A0C9054228}” of registry

So, unless I am very much mistaken, that means if this key exists the Fixlet should be relevant? However, the key does exist, but is not showing as relevant. I have even exported the key from a server showing as relevant and imported it to my server which is not showing as relevant and nothing has changed.

The fixlet runs a regedit file with the contents:

REGEDIT4

-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{0D43FE01-F093-11CF-8940-00A0C9054228}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility{0D43FE01-F093-11CF-8940-00A0C9054228}

“Compatibility Flags”=dword:00000400

Is there anything else going on that I need to also rollback. I am at a total loss and it looks like I will have to completely rebuild unless I can somehow get the FSO re-registered. Sorry if the applicability to this forum is a bit vague, but you are probably my only hope!

Thanks all,

Tim.

(imported comment written by everestt23)

Maybe I should add that the registry entry was re-created by running “regsvr scrrun.dll”

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey Everestt,

Is that from a custom Fixlet you wrote?

I am a bit confused if you are looking to register or unregister this file…

You might try this action to unregister this file (I haven’t tested so not sure if this works for you):

waithidden cmd.exe /C regsvr32 /u /s scrrun.dll

Ben

(imported comment written by everestt23)

Hi Ben,

I ran the Fixlet to unregister it in error and now went to re-register it. I have successfully done so the on server, and I can see the registry key is re-created. However, the fixlet is still not showing as relevant. This is what is confusing me!

Cheers,

Tim.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey Tim,

So if I understand you correctly, you are saying that if you create a Fixlet with the relevance:

exists key “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{0D43FE01-F093-11CF-8940-00A0C9054228}” of registry

Then computers that have this reg key don’t show up as relevant?

Ben