File not Uploading From Manage Software Distributions

Bigfix Version 10.0.7.52

I have a 5.8 GB file I created with bfarchive that is not uploading from the Manage Software Distributions Dashboard. The SWD does not give an indication that it did not upload, but when I run the fixlet the follow error appears.

[Tue Jan 17 15:16:46 2023] ERROR: Download for SWDProtocol://127.0.0.1:52311/Uploads/2022a1648006c58e68af5f33626d38a8a217a727/file failed: Setup failed: SHA1 directory does not exist: ‘D:\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\wwwrootbes\Uploads/2022a1648006c58e68af5f33626d38a8a217a727’

I did not wait long enough the file did finally show up. There used to be an indication in the SWD that the file was still uploading, but apparently, SWD just spawns a copy job and says it is successful.

Is this what others are experiencing? Is this the intended design? I think it is problematic since you don’t know when the file is actually uploaded.

I think the dashboard has an icon to indicate the upload is in progress, but you may need to periodically right-click and ‘refresh’ or reload the dashboard to see the status change (I don’t know whether it provides a live update). I should be able to check a bit later.

I am still having this issue with the uploads not populating the uploads folder. The SWD says the file is uploaded but when I look on the server in the uploads folder, it is not there.

I’ve also managed to reproduce the issue - I’ve seen that there was a yellow information bar that said “unsuccessful…” but the dashboard said that the file uploaded successfully.

The folder and file were not created.

I’ve tried to upload the same file again, and it was created successfully

mstsc_7cJdxse4Lf

I am still having this issue. Every month when I do the Office 365 updates this happens. In past months, it has resolved itself, but doesn’t seem to this month. I can’t find how to trace the problem. Where is the log?

Hi @mbartosh, I think that uploadmanager logs could help in order to trace the problem.
The log files can be found at the following path: C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp\SoftwareDistributionLogs\Uploadmanager.

1 Like