Feature Request - Dashboard For New / Updated Fixlets Daily Summary

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

At Ben’s (BigFix) suggestion I am starting a new thread for support of a new BigFix Enterprise Console Dashboard.

This new dashboard would in my opinion, be the default view when you open the dashboard (user selectable of course!) and it would list by date all new features / updates / etc for BigFix. So if a new fixlet was released it would show it here. If a fixlet was updated it would show it here. I would also hope it would summarize the updates and group them together. For example a new MS Patch would only have one entry which could be expanded to show all the underlying Fixlets. I’d also like an option for those daily update summaries to be emailed to me from BES Web Reports.

Now that I’m thinking about it, I’d like that grouping feature put into the entire interface!

So if you think this would be useful, please chime in on this thread. Thx!

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey jspanitz,

We have discussed this internally before and we thought it would be a good idea… There are a couple things that prevent us from implementing this at the moment (the console doesn’t currently have the capability to open dashboards automatically and we don’t have “view as group” capabilities for Fixlets natively in the console)…

But I like this idea overall… I would be interested in hearing other things people might be interested in for a daily summary.

Ben

(imported comment written by MartinZ91)

This dashboard/info box could ressemble some parts of a RSS-feed. An info box during Console-Start will be a nice feature, but as with all nice features will sooner or later loose its attractiveness.

So I think it would be really helpful to have such a feature for the BESconsole which can be switched on and off using a fixlet/task. Thus I always stay aware that it’s there, since I have a fixlet relevant on my Console-Workstation, but don’t have to bother with a dashboard or something else slowing down or cluttering Console-Startup.

In our BES deployment we currently do not have enough servers/computers to have 24/7 BES-operators. That’s the reason why we have lot’s of eMailed-Webreports just as status-reports (assuming that all staff working as BESconsole operator have their mail client open all the time - which is of course true). That means I would like to have a customization feature in this info box/report where we could select specific parts of interest and mail the resulting reports (again the analogy to an RSS feed subscription).

Thinking of it, it might really be easier to feed this information “new/chanegd content from BigFix” into several RSS-feeds, which I might subscribe in addition to the on/off fixlet/task relevant for my Console-Workstation. A RSS-feed could be made available publically and might show the speed and activity of BigFix creating content.

Martin