Failure updating Google Chrome

I’m getting this failure trying to update Chrome to 91.0.4472.164.
Any idea?

Download error: “Error processing completed download: Requested sha1 2a1aa3b607a76c8b9419c7ac1826c62f6eeaed45 does not match actual sha1 eab58d91d21c919fcd81b09252b0186cfb0a03e4”

My Updates for Windows Applications site is ver 1607

Thanks,
Chris

Google released a new version of Chrome over the last 12 hrs.

Google releases its updates using the same file name, as the old. Your fixlet is still configured with the SHA1/SHA256 and sizing of the now older Chrome., however it is now downloading a newer version so it fails validation.

Latest Chrome version is now 92.0.4515.107

1 Like

Thanks, but… this is the only version of Chrome I have available in BigFix.

7/15/2021 Unspecified Google Chrome 91.0.4472.164 Available Security Update Updates for Windows Applications

HCL usually runs 12-24 hrs behind the general release of Chrome.

• which is why you may see a few other threads here with a conversation about caching and/or using a repo with Chrome updates.

I have resorted to maintaining my own copy of the chrome update fixlet and staging the downloads so that i don’t get interrupted in the middle of patching if google decides to update their binary.

I am doing the same. Added tasks maintaining your own copy. :frowning:

Would it help at all if we offered an “Update to the latest Chrome, whatever version it is” Task?

We wouldn’t necessarily be able to check that the Chrome version has been updated, but it would be possible to have an action download & upgrade to “whatever version is current” (as of the time we issue the Action).

If you provided that it would help, i would expect it would be a similar option to the Office 365 updates where you have an action which ignores the signatures.