Extending the SCC download plug-in to SAP repos

I am currently using BigFix patch to patch all my Suse Servers with enabled sites Patches for SLE 12 and Patches for SLE 12 PPC64LE. From my understanding these patches are for enterprise server and pulling the patches for example from SLES12-SP3-Updates repository. Now our HANA servers are running on SLES 12 for SAP Applications which when running manual update, ex. zypper up, pulls patches from SLE-12-SP3-SAP-Updates repositories as well. I created a json file per the IBM doc to extend the SCC download plugin for these repos. I am just stuck now on where/if the data from theses SAP repos are being pulled and how to target them to create fixlets for patching the servers. Below is link for IBM doc and example of my extended repo json file.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS6MER_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.patch.doc/Patch/Patch_SUSE/c_extending_thescc_dl_plugin.html

“sles-12-x86_64-sp3”: [

{"name": "SLES12-SP3-Pool", "distro_target": "sle-12-x86_64"},

{"name": "SLES12-SP3-Updates", "distro_target": "sle-12-x86_64"}

{"name": "SLE-12-SP3-SAP-Updates", "distro_target": "sle-12-x86_64"}

{"name": "SLE12-SP3-SAP-Pool", "distro_target": "sle-12-x86_64"}

]

Assuming you have properly configured it, when you run a SLES 12 SP3 x86_64 Fixlet, the SCC download plugin will go and search in these repos since you added it to that particular OS.

But if you want to create your own Fixlet that targets packages in the SAP repo, you can start by making a custom copy of an existing Fixlet and make the necessary changes. Most likely the changes you make will only be the packages it target.

Is there a way to pull the patches into the bigfix console so that I can see which ones are available from the SAP repository? For example if I am under patch management in the console I can go to fixlets and then drill down to patches for sles 12. Then it will have all the available fixlets for say update for the kernel. Now say I copied that kernel fixlet to a new one, I am just not sure what to target in order to get or see that patches from the SAP repo.

No because the Fixlets themselves have contains no metadata of what repo the target packages belong to. You’ll need to make the mapping yourself of what packages are from SAP and cross reference with the Fixlets we have.