Extenders on linux and all of them on one server?

(imported topic written by JanStraarup)

Hey all

Great to see that TEM mobile has been released, i will be deploying at a new customer next week.

I run my test setup in a full windows and have only tested the beta with android so i have a few questions that i could not find in the documentation.

So i have a customer that wants to deploy this for use with android, IOS and windows 7.5 and would like it to run on a redhat x64 server in the DMZ.

Is this possible?

1. To run all the extenders on one server (windows or RHEL)?

2. Will it even run on RHEL?

Regards Jan

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi Jan,

Today, the Management Extender for Apple iOS runs only on Windows… But the next target would be on RHEL (but I don’t have a date for this yet)…

And you can only run one mgmt extender at a time on the same computer… maybe we will enhance this at a later date…

Ben

(imported comment written by JanStraarup)

Hey Ben

Thanks for the fast answer.

So if I understand it correctly i would need 2 servers in the DMZ?

one for iOS extender and one for the Exchange extender and i assume that i can run Android agents to one of the two since there is a relay one them both.

Regards Jan

(imported comment written by DTan)

The Exchange extender does not need to be in DMZ as long as it can communicate with the MS Exchange Server because extender will not interact with devices directly.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi Jan,

The Mgmt Extender for Exchange is optional (many people don’t want to mess with their exchange server and so they only use the Android/iOS approach). If you do install it, as Dawson mentions, you likely do NOT what the Mgmt Extender for Exchange in the DMZ since there is no good reason to put it there.

The Mgmt Extender for Apple iOS is typically deployed in the DMZ (although it is not strictly required) because the devices are so rarely connected on the internal LAN.

Here is more info on the

MDM architecture

Ben

(imported comment written by JanStraarup)

Thanks again.

I think i have been reading all the documentation, but the fact that the exchange extender, did not communicate with the devices, was not a fact I noticed.

Regards Jan