Extender for Exchange not registering?

(imported topic written by JörgHermanns)

Hi everyone,

i am having a very strange issue here … when deploying the Exchange management extender, everything runs fine with the task - but the extender does not show up in the MDM site …

I can see a new “computer” created when looking at “All content” but this is NOT showing up in the “MDM” site - thus the configuration wizard does not detect that Exchange extender is installed - and as such i cannot configure it.

What am i doing wrong ?!

regards

Joerg Hermanns

(imported comment written by rheng)

It sounds like the computer is not subscribed to the MDM site. Try checking Sites > External Sites > Mobile Device Management > Computer Subscriptions. If “All Computers” is not selected, please ensure that the new Management Extender matches the conditioned specified.

(imported comment written by JörgHermanns)

Hi,

this indeed was the solution - but it raises another question … now all of my computers subscribe to this site, which is not really what i want to do.

Also, how is this handled license-wise then?

Or other way round: What clause do i have to specify to make sure that only “relevant” computers register to this site?

Thanks for your help!

Joerg

(imported comment written by Miki.Zang)

Hi Joerg,

You don’t need to use relevance to limit the devices subscribed to MDM site, because the site is not license bound.

• Miki