Export PDF in web reports

Hello Everyone, I have now manage create some web reports and also install the export pdf facility.

If I use one of IBM reports and export to pdf, the pdf doc is created and no problems are reported.
If I use a custom report which does not require an user input, then the pdf doc is created and no problems reported.

However if I create a report that requires user input and the “click” togenerate report button, the result is displayed correctly under the input division, however, when I click on the export to pdf document, the pdf document is created, but only with the input division part and not the actual results.

I had look at reports created by @leewei and they also only export to PDF the input part of the report and not the actual results.

I will appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

The “Export report” button won’t click a button for you, unfortunately.

If you’re building a custom report, the only option I know is to build the report to not require a click. If you need it to launch a Javascript, there are some documents on the right way to replace the .onLoad() function to call your javascript and then call the default onLoad() handler after, but I don’t have a link to that at the moment.

I also don’t know whether there’s a way in the report to determine whether it’s being run by an interactive user (in which case you may want to show a button) or the report archive generator (in which case maybe you want to fire your script with some kind of default values as part of onLoad()). That may be an interesting use case if the session type can be determined.

Edit: re-reading your post I think I misunderstood your use case. So this is an interactive user, clicks your button, and then clicks the export to PDF button? I crossed that with a case of “archive the report every X days”. Looks now like my post is not very helpful :frowning:

Maybe try “Print to PDF” instead?

Hello Jason and thank you for the help, your comments make for interesting reading that I may use in the near future, however for this special case, yes the Operator clicks on the “generate” report button and gets the correct result, however when he then clicks on the export to PDF button, he only gets the input in the pdf.

what do you mean by “print to pdf”?

Thanks.

I believe he is referring to the ability of some browsers to “Print” a page to a PDF file. I’m using Chrome under Windows 10, and one of the available “printers” is “Save as PDF”.

I remember that back in my WinXP days we had to either install Adobe Acrobat or some other 3rd party application. I didn’t build the laptop I’m currently using, but I believe the “Save to PDF” option is rolled into Win 10.

Hello and thanks again for the help, I have been trying to find the print to pdf “driver” but I cannot find it in either windows 2012 or windows 7 even after installing acrobat reader…the only driver I can find from Microsoft is Microsoft XPS Document writer…now, I would absolutely prefer to be able to just export to PDF the results of the report but I am not sure if it has to be by Java or if this is a restriction of the web reports tool itself.

Thanks