Export current web reports and scheduled activties?

Hi,
We are building a new BigFix environment and I want to take my existing web reports and scheduled activities and copy them into the new environment. Does anyone know how I can do this? I’d much rather not recreate all of those reports and scheduled activities.

thanks in advance for any information
Gina

Are you just migrating your services to new servers, or building a whole new deployment (with a new masthead file)?

If you’re migrating the existing deployment to new servers, you can do this with a database backup & restore onto the new server.

If it’s a whole new deployment, it’s possible to export the custom reports individually and import them onto the new server, but we don’t have a process to do that in bulk; and, because the property IDs for custom properties are unique within a deployment, you’d need to modify each report and re-select any custom properties in filters or columns.

Hi,
Thanks for the response. It is a new deployment, with a new masthead. How would I export the custom reports?
Thanks in advance for your help

We have a procedure for that listed at https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/platform/Platform/Web_Reports/c_creating_a_portable_report_for.html

Thank you, this is helpful. Is there a way to export the scheduled activities too?

I’m afraid we don’t have a documented process for that. While it might be possible at a SQL level, I’m afraid I don’t have anything helpful. Especially given that all the user account ID numbers and report ID’s will change as you export/import into the new server.

If you need to preserve the data, I can’t recommend strongly enough that you look at doing a server migration (preserving the data and database of the existing deployment) rather than building a new deployment and migrating the clients.