"Excepted (C)" vs "Excepted (NC)"

I added an Exception to a SCA checklist item, and all exceptions appear as “Excepted (NC)”.
What do the “(C )” and “(NC)” mean? (Had to add the space in (C ) to keep it from being a © haha)
I thought it was Compliant and Non-Compliant, but I didn’t seem get an option to choose whether the exceptions were counted as Compliant or Non-Compliant… and even though there are zero “Excepted (C )” results and a bunch of “Excepted (NC)” results, the math for compliance percentage only works if I count the exceptions as compliant.
So it can’t be Compliant and Non-Compliant, unless that’s a bug.

Means “Excepted Compliant” and “Excepted Non-Compliant”. In other words, while they are Excepted and they are not counted for/against in the overall compliance percentages one way or the other (that’s really what Exception is to start with - defined rule to tell the system to disregard their status either permanently or temporary), they still indicate to you whether they would have been Compliant or Non-Compliant IF they were to NOT be Excepted any more.

2 Likes

Thanks dude! So the parentheticals are what they would have been if we didn’t except them.
That’s extremely helpful, and I couldn’t find it in the user guides anywhere.

2 Likes