Error while configuring SMTP server

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

Hello,

I have entered our corporate SMTP server and checked that our BigFix server can ping the smtp server. All Ok.

However, when I do a ‘Test’ email I get the following error:-

Background process “BESEmailer.exe” returned non-zero exit code 10060: could not connect to the server. at BESEmailer.pl line 64.

I have also entered smtp.gmail.com, but again I faced the same error. And I am able to ping smtp.gmail.com from my BESserver.

Can any one help me in figuring out this problem?

Best Regards.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Hi Abdul

I had a very similar problem some time ago. I had cut and pasted the name of my smtp server and had accidentally caught a space ( ’ ’ ) at the start of the name. It was almost impossible to see in the Web Reports page - it was only found by highlighting the whole line (i.e. left-click and drag across) and pasting it into notepad.

Mark.

I have checked, but there is no space.

Actually I have installed evaluation version, may be it does not work on evaluation? Please let me know if I am right or wrong?

I have installed production version but still it is not working. Please help me…

(imported comment written by NoahSalzman)

Is there a different SMTP server you can try as a test?

I have tried 2 different smtp servers.

smtp.gmail.com

mail.highrise.com.pk

I can ping both from the command prompt but it doesn’t work when I mention it while configuring smtp server in Bigfix. Please help me in sorting out this proble. I will really appreciate it.

(imported comment written by Luz91)

The trial version not permited the test. But the same problem present to me in the license version. Any suggestions, anyone? Thank you for your suggestions, Luz

For the Web Reports email problem the interface does not support authenticated SMTP servers, which Gmail is one. So you see that you cannot enter a username/password that is required to send emails. I install and use a local SMTP server of my enterprise and function correctly. There are many software that we can buy, and I have used this free one successfully. If you install a local SMTP server, then we can use just “localhost” as the entry for Web Reports “Email SMTP Server”.

For the Web Reports email problem the interface does not support authenticated SMTP servers, which Gmail is one. So you see that you cannot enter a username/password that is required to send emails. I install and use a local SMTP server of my enterprise and function correctly. There are many software that we can buy, and I have used this free one successfully. If you install a local SMTP server, then we can use just “localhost” as the entry for Web Reports “Email SMTP Server”.