Error trying to open "SLE Custom Repository Management" dashboard

Hi There!!
I’m trying to configure out patches to our Custom SUSE Repository and I’m getting an error when I try to open “SLE Custom Repository Management” dashboard.
I’m running BigFix v10 and I’ve cleaned up my console cache as well.
The error is on AdfApi_2.2.3.js and follow the images and log content belerror_suse_patch_bigfix_1error_bigfix_suse_patch2low:

6/10/2020 08:46:58.449[ERROR] Error evaluating relevance: Singular expression refers to nonexistent object.

6/10/2020 08:46:58.449[ERROR] relevance: (name of item 0 of it, id of item 0 of it, operating system of item 0 of it, concatenation “,” of (ip addresses of item 0 of it as string), concatenation “,” of values of result(item 0 of it, bes property “Subnet Address”), (concatenation “|~|” of values of item 1 of it & “||~~||” & concatenation “|~|” of (values of item 2 of it) whose (exists it)) ) of (item 0 of it, results(item 0 of it, item 1 of it), results(item 0 of it, item 2 of it)) whose (not error flag of item 1 of it) of (applicable computers of it, property 1 of it, property 2 of it) of fixlet whose (name of it = “Repository Configuration - SUSE Linux Enterprise”) of all bes sites whose (name of it = “Patching Support”)

I opened ticket #CS0129857 for this issue.

I think I may see the issue, that will require a content fix from the dev team. Opening a ticket is the right course of action.

That relevance statement will flag an error if any of the computers relevant to that fixlet have not reported their Name or Operating System.

As a local workaround, find that fixlet and check the Applicable Computers tab. If any of the computers have <not reported> for their Name or OS, try right-clicking them and ‘Force Refresh’. Once they report their name/OS, the Dashboard may function for you.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply Jason!
However we are waiting the HCL support get the updates done because our environment has about 140k clients and they are reporting sucessfully until now.

Oh sure, that’s what makes this an ‘edge case’. It only takes one machine, having not reported it’s computer name, to break the query.

Commonly I see that with something like a client reinstall, or a computer having been ‘deleted’ from the Console but then it comes back online and the new report restores the computer. At that point the client thinks it has previously reported computernames and doesn’t re-send it, but the server has lost record of the computernames. A ‘force Refresh’ on the client will have it re-evaluated all properties and send a new Full Report.

Sure! This can happen because our environment is distributed within 6000+ locations and their respective relays. By te way, I’m sending a force refresh to our entire environment to make sure this is not our problem.
Thanks a lot!