Error synchronizing Bare Metal Server

Good morning. I’m trying to synchronize one of the OSD servers in my environment, but whenever the actions get generated, it returns the error “This action was not executed because the operator who created it is not an administrator of this client.” - even when I issue the sync command from a master operator account. How can I rectify this issue ?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim,
I think the best option here is to open a PMR. Something is not working properly since Master Operator account should have access to all clients.
Regards, Luca

Thanks for the response Luca. After there was no response for a period of time I did open a PMR.

Hi Tim,

Did you get this resolved? I am seeing a similar issue with this error message.

Thanks

Martin

I have seen this behavior before, but with General BigFix actions rather than just with OSD.

When I investigated, the Operator had an incorrect number of systems reporting to them when compared to other Operators in the same Role.

We use Active Directory groups to assign Console Operators to Roles, so the fix was to remove the User from the AD group, send a blank action to all the endpoints (or just the systems manage by their Role), wait for most of the systems to report back status on the blank action, then add the user back to the group and repeat the blank action process.

Hope this helps. It happens to us about once a year or so. Seems to center around one group of Operators.

1 Like

Hello everyone.

I did get this issue resolved, but rather indirectly, I fear. We were scheduled to upgrade our software version for TPMfOSD and Bigfix in general. It may be coincidental because these error messages were not consistent to begin with, but since performing the upgrade I’ve not encountered the issue. I wish I could give you a more detailed response, but the symptoms came and went without a specific course of action to resolve them.

Thanks,
-Tim

Hello All.
I’ve been having a problem with my OSD Bare Metal Servers (7.1.1.20 (290.13), unable to synchronize profiles. I opened a PMR with IBM Support but not getting much help there. If anyone has an idea please reply.
The profile action will just stay running on the console. Below is the Show Action info where it hangs.

Running waithidden cmd /C "{preceding texts of firsts “%00” of (value “ImagePath” of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemboAgent” of registry as string)} -d -v 4 rad-mkgenericsysprof updatemenu=true > “{(parameter “AGENTFOLDER”)}\mkgenericsysprof.log” 2>&1"
if {not exists file ((parameter “AGENTFOLDER” of action) & “\mkgenericsysprof.log”) whose (exists lines whose (it as string contains “[AGTRC:0]”) of it)}
parameter “BMSERVERVERSION” = "{version of file (matches (regex “.:.+exe”) of (value “ImagePath” of key “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemboServer” of registry as string))}"
if {(parameter “BMSERVERVERSION”) < version “7.1.119.00000”}
if {exists file (parameter “PATH” & “\QHotline Win7 x64 0829.settings”)}
createfile until __EOF
{((preceding text of first “ModifiedUTC” of it) & “FailedModUTC” & (following text of first “ModifiedUTC” of it)) of concatenation “%0d%0a” of lines of file (parameter “PATH” & “\QHotline Win7 x64 0829.settings”)}__EOF
delete "{parameter “PATH”}\QHotline Win7 x64 0829.settings"
move __createfile "{parameter “PATH”}\QHotline Win7 x64 0829.settings"
endif
endif
endif
continue if {exists file ((parameter “AGENTFOLDER” of action) & “\mkgenericsysprof.log”) whose (exists lines whose (it as string contains “[AGTRC:0]”) of it)}
// Action fails here if some of the profiles were not processed because the OSD server is too old.
continue if {version of file (matches (regex “.:.+exe”) of (value “ImagePath” of key “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemboServer” of registry as string)) >= “7.1.120.00001”}

It will eventually fail with the following action info:

Failed continue if {exists file ((parameter “AGENTFOLDER” of action) & “\mkgenericsysprof.log”) whose (exists lines whose (it as string contains “[AGTRC:0]”) of it)}
// Action fails here if some of the profiles were not processed because the OSD server is too old.
continue if {version of file (matches (regex “.:.+exe”) of (value “ImagePath” of key “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemboServer” of registry as string)) >= “7.1.120.00001”}

Did you get this resolved? I too am getting this error now.

Hi,
could you please send the log file pointed in the step of the action that is failing?
If it’s the same that in the previous post, it’s C:\Program Files\Common Files\IBM Tivoli\mkgenericsysprof.log
Thanks.