I sincerely hope that this is merely a typo and not the actual file name on the installation path. I’ve never checked to see if BESClient installs without a masthead file or if its name is off. Generally, BESClient can be installed on non-Windows systems without masthead file, but it will complain about a missing masthead when the service starts.
Nevertheless, there are a few possible causes of trouble reading setup files:
- A corrupted or improperly copied file
- Insufficient disc space
- Endpoint control blocking file, like bit9
- A difficulty with BESClient installation is caused by previously installed reg keys; I dont remember exact error message for it, but if the situation is similar, you can take the actions listed below.
- Remove BESClient using BESRemover 1st.
- Find below path
- Export (backup) & Delete any entry which related to BigFix Client.
- Start your process again