Error 13

(imported topic written by nono48)

I am having a really hard time installing Trend CPM on one client. Attached are my logs from the client–I have looked through them and found the notorious error 13:

InstallResult

StartTime=2012/06/28 11:48:10

Status=1

Error=-13

InstallShieldErr=-2147213312

FinishTime=2012/06/28 11:51:04

I do not have any other security software installed on this machine. Any advise on proceeding would be great.

(imported comment written by Xie_Ran91)

According to the log, it fails when trying to copy

C:\Temp\ClnExtor\CPM\Disk1…\CPM TARDIR : C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Core Protection Module SRCFNAME : FlowControl.dll TARFNAME : FlowControl.dll

Please make sure this PC doesn’t have the resource monitor AP running while installing CPM and use the fixlet “Clean Up Old or Remaining Files, Folders and Registry Keys” to clean up this PC then trying to re-install CPM again.

(imported comment written by nono48)

Resource monitor is not running. Also, “Clean up old or remaining files, folders, and registry keys” fixlet is not relevant to this computer in question. I have tried manually deleting the folders and registry settings that Trend has put on it, but it still fails to install…

(imported comment written by nono48)

I got the Trend diagnostics tool and ran the uninstall option–after the computer rebooted, then I was able to install Trend successfully.