Endpoint Deploy - status waiting

(imported topic written by pmiller23)

During our deployment of CPM 1.5, I have noticed that the status of the action seems to be stuck on “waiting” on a few systems. Yet when I look at the Action Script Execution Detail, everything says Completed. Already rebooted those systems and the action status still says waiting. Also scanned thru the client logs and nothing really jump out at me saying there was an issue.

Any ideas what might be the problem?

Thank you,

Patrick

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey Patrick,

When you click on the action status, what does it say it is waiting for? It might be waiting on reapplication if your action is set to reapply or retry…

Ben

(imported comment written by Macideus91)

DEPLOYMENT: Anti-Virus Software Not Installed - Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/2008 R2 (x64)

I have the CPM endpoint installed on a Win 7 64bit machine…dashboard says it is installed. The software is installed, yet the console says that it isn’t installed.

Anyone else get this? Any fix for me to try?

-Mike

(imported comment written by JasonBigham91)

The CPM install appears to be a hackjob - not a real install. If anything goes wrong in the install, it can be a PITA to fix.

You have to uninstall, delete program directories, delete registry keys, etc and then try to reinstall to get it to stop doing that.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

In BigFix’s defense, the native Trend Micro Officescan install is probably the root cause of ths “hackjob”. Our experience with it over the last few years has been the same as what BigFix CPM customers are experiencing now. If the install fails, you can count on a few wasted hours if you try and fix it. It’s actually easier to reimage a system than fix a failed Trend install (if it’s a new system).

I know this doesn’t fix the problem, but the only thing BigFix could probably do is write some kind of cleaner fixlet to fix the crummy Trend install.