Ending a Scheduled Wake From Standby?

(imported topic written by mvm-upenn91)

I used the “Schedule Wake From Standby” wizard to create a task that would wake up its target computers at 8 am every weekday; the salient code is:

runhidden __Download\StandbyTool.exe /W 
"01 Jan 2010 08:00:00 -0800" repeat weekly 1,MTWRF /name 
"the task's name"

I deployed it to the target computers and it worked just fine, and then stopped the action and deleted the task. However, it seems to still be running on the targeted computers, which wake up at 8 am daily now. Is there something special I need to do to stop waking up the machines at 8 am every day?

(imported comment written by MattBoyd)

mvm-upenn

Is there something special I need to do to stop waking up the machines at 8 am every day?

Yes. When you create a scheduled wakeup through the wizard, what it’s actually doing is creating a task that, when deployed to clients, will create a Windows scheduled task that is configured to wake the system from standby. Deleting the action and the task does not remove the scheduled task from the clients.

It looks like you’re using the old version of BES Power Management. To

really

remove the scheduled wakeup, open the “Wake-from-Standby Scheduling Wizard” and click “Remove” on the first screen. You should see your scheduled wakeup listed. If you select it and then continue through the wizard, a task to delete the scheduled wakeup on your clients will be created.