ENDED: Think 2019 Conference, User Group, and "Build It Live" session

The IBM Think 2019 Conference is fast approaching. I’ll be updating this post frequently with more info as the time approaches.

BigFix Slack link: https://bigfix.slack.com/

The BigFix User Group before the Think 2019 Conference will be on Monday Feb 11th from 9am to Noon in the Moscone South convention center, followed by a “Build It Live” session at the BigFix Headquarters nearby at 1:30pm with light lunch provided and a dinner afterwards. ( Attendance at the Built It Live session does NOT require a pass to Think 2019 )

More info about the BigFix User Group (Session ID # 7403)is here: https://securityintelligence.com/events/community-day-at-think-2019-ibm-security-user-groups/

More info about the BigFix “Build It Live” session is here: Build It Live at BigFix Headquarters Tickets, Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 1:30 PM | Eventbrite

Flyer for the BigFix “Build It Live” session: IBM BigFix Build It Live.pdf (669.9 KB)

A calendar of BigFix events at Think 2019 is here: BigFix @ IBM Think 2019

Here is the public iCal feed for the same calendar of BigFix events that can be added to outlook online and other calendaring applications: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/gd5440ogtmq0bdoftacv2voj7o%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Other info here: ENDED: IBM Think 2019 - BigFix Agenda + Transportation & Restaurant info

BigFix User Group at Community Day

Feb 11th from 9am to Noon in Moscone South

The BigFix User Group at Community Day will be located on the 2nd Floor in Moscone South in Room 209 of the San Francisco Ball Room:

Here’s a useful campus map for Think 2019:

Please note that your Think 2019 Conference badge will be required to attend the BigFix User Group at Community Day. You can pick them up ahead of time at the following times/locations:

An additional important note is breakfast will not be provided, so, please plan accordingly!

BigFix “Build It Live” session

Feb 11th from 1:30pm to 5:30pm followed by a Dinner

See more info here: BigFix "Build It Live" - Feb 11th 2019

Schedule:

• 1:30 – Registration, Meet, Greet, Eat, and Welcome by HCL and IBM, introduce JG Stew
  • 2:00 – 3:00 – Build it Live Demo – Part 1
  • 3:00 – 3:30 – Interactive session with Aaron Bauer and Cristiana D’Amore / Break / Brownies
  • 3:30 – 5:00 – Build it Live Demo - Part 2
  • 5:00 – 5:30 – Summary, takeaways, schwag, close
  • 5:30 – 6:00 – Drinks and Social
  • 6:00 – 8:00 - Dinner
6 Likes

There is some related discussion on this previous post about the conference here: Think 2019 - Pre Conference User Group Meeting?

Can we connect on this conference from remote location?

That might be possible for the “Build It Live” session on Feb 11th, but not for the rest.

ok, thanks for the info.

Out of country, is it possible be present by any media available?

I’m not sure what this means. Do you mean remote attendance?

@jgstew or any other coordinators know if the BigFix user group is already maxed out? I’m not seeing the usergroup (any of them, actually) available in the session planning tool.

1 Like

I will check on this and get back to you shortly!

This is what I found; seems to only show for me in a search if you are already logged on. Doesn’t show up if you are just browsing sessions without being logged in.

Security User Group: IBM BigFix
Monday, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM | Session ID: 7403A
Moscone South, Level 2 | San Francisco Ballroom 209

Join us on February 11th for the annual BigFix User Group meeting at Think 2019 to: Network with other BigFix customers, and share your stories and challenges with endpoint management and security; learn tips and tricks from other users; get answers to your questions around how best to leverage BigFix in your organization; and meet with BigFix product management and development teams.

2 Likes

It is not yet full, no, and the expectation is that you should be able to register or see the User Group sessions (#7403 for BigFix) in the Session Expert Tool.

We’ll also be updating this post with more information and details shortly.

In the meantime, if you are having trouble adding the BigFix User Group session to your agenda, please feel free to message me directly, and I will be happy to work with you.

1 Like

I don’t see any of the user group sessions when I’m logged in either.

For those that are having challenges adding the BigFix User Group session to your agenda, please note that you can still attend the User Group during Community Day even without this step. You will only need your conference badge to join us.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen the BigFix User Group in the planning tool either.

This is how it generally is for Think sessions. The official agenda is more for your own use.

That is very tricky. I’ll have to login to make sure I’m not missing things.

I’ve been making updates to the Google Calendar linked above: BigFix @ IBM Think 2019

1 Like

Is the Build It Live session sold out? EventBrite says it is :frowning:

–Mark

Yes, sadly it is sold out. There should be a waitlist.

Hmmm … I’ll try to find you at the user group session