ENDED: BigFix @ Interconnect 2016 - Feb21th->Feb25th

I’ll also be flying in sometime Saturday, and I’m open to meeting up with anyone who’s interested.

1 Like

I will be in Saturday as well. I am open to meeting up with any BigFix-ers Saturday night.

2 Likes

Just how “early” on Sunday? I’m currently scheduled to arrive LAS at 10:30 AM Sunday.

@atlauren , I assume you are referring to the BigFix User Group Meeting on Sunday the 21st. It will be at 1pm, which I just found out on Friday and haven’t updated the post to reflect that.

@jgstew. Do you have the map of the convention center? I thought you posted one or a link to one last year.

1 Like

There are maps embedded in this post: ENDED: BigFix @ Interconnect 2015

But they point to what is probably the wrong rooms for this year.

I’m staying at New York New York. Saturday night dinner is most likely Shake Shack for me (ITS SO GOOD). I’m up for winning a lot of money for other people at the Craps table later if folks are up for it (I went on a legendary run at the last Interconnect).

2 Likes

Pimp My Session.

If you’re planning on attending Interconnect and building your agenda here are my presentation details:

SME-5593 : Full Speed Ahead with IBM BigFix at Stanford University

Session Type : Breakout Session
Date/Time : Mon, 22-Feb, 01:30 PM-02:30 PM
Venue : Mandalay Bay SOUTH
Room : Lagoon H
Presenter(s) : Steve Hull, IBM; Jeremy Tavan, Stanford University

I will be hosting the usergroup meeting on Sunday.

I just found out I will be presenting also on Monday at 10:30 am. Don’t have all the details yet but more to come…

and if you have come to my sessions before you know it will be awesome and I plan to give out Stanford SWAG as prizes.

/Stacy

2 Likes

The BigFix User Group details have been confirmed and updated in the top part of the post.

If anyone is planning on attending the BigFix User Group and is interested in doing a short 10 minute or so presentation, post a reply or message me.

• looking for customer stories, interesting projects, and uses.
  • for a more technical audience than the conference in general
  • shouldn’t be a marketing or sales pitch

Hey Stacy…couldn’t make it last year, but I’ve cleared my calendar for that week so I’ll be there this year. I’m coming in Thursday night so I can attend the Sales Academy (I’m not in sales, but always like to hear what the sales guys are encountering when they meet with customers and how they win/lose deals…Good tactical info).

Why don’t you set a place/time so we can all meet-up and have dinner/drinks/etc?

Mike

1 Like

Hi @jgstew. @masonje and I will be there and could discuss any number of topics pertaining to our enterprise rollout, services expansion and hardening. Let me know. Thanks, @cmcannady

2 Likes

That sounds great. If you have some more specifics of the things your considering and want feedback on which to present, thats fine, otherwise just have something prepared and you can present it.

Having a slide deck is optional if what your presenting doesn’t need it.

I would be interested in talking about how we have used BigFix and SharePoint to show risk owners the compliance of the systems that they own.

1 Like

Thanks @cmcannady and @eredmond for your willingnes to participate.
Can you PM me your full name, company and a descriptive title of your presentation. I will be sure we add this to our agenda item for out next meeting.

@mxc0bbn - I look forward to seeing you as well. We don’t have formal plans yet but stay tuned as we get closer to the date.

1 Like

To send a private message through the forum:

You click on your avatar, and click the little envelope icon, which should go here: https://forum.bigfix.com/users/YOUR_USER_NAME/messages

Then click the new message button.

Then add the users you want to be in the message.

1 Like

I have no new message button when I click on the Messages icon. Is it because I am considered a “new user”?

1 Like

What is the admission fee for this? Might fly in from Orlando.

The BigFix User Group is free, but attending the conference and sessions for the rest of the week is expensive.

The standard rate for the Interconnect 2016 full conference pass is $2,095 while a single day pass is $895.

CC: @rohan

Register your interest in attending the BigFix User Group Meeting at Interconnect 2016 here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/interconnect-global-bigfix-user-group-meetup-tickets-21014729622

It is optional, but it also allows you to easily add the event to your calendar, which is handy.