Edit exported .XML file into .beswrpt

Hello all,

I’m new with BIGFIX, and I have a task that is to migrate the WebReports List from the old console.

So I struggled first to get the WR.PrintReportXML(), but I managed to extract the .XML, however I understand that I need to edit the file once I’m not familiar with I’m struggling a bit into which parts I should “eliminate” and the ones that I need to maintain.

As an example I’m providing part of the line I got and I see this “\n” that I think I should remove.

'<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
\n\n

So I followed this [How to migration Custom WebReports to another environment?], in order to retrieve the WR.PrintReportXML(), however the XML. presented by “leewei”:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> Example Report TemplateReport #wr_computerTable=%22sort%3DR-computer%2520Name%26dir%3Ddesc%26startIndex%3D0%26results%3D50%26c%3DR-Computer%2520Name%26c%3DR-IP%2520Address%26c%3DR-OS%26c%3DR-CPU%26c%3DR-Last%2520Report%2520Time%22 ExploreComputers

Is not the same has I got, can anyone point me on the right direction?

Thank you in advance

Task57

If I follow leewei’s instructions I get content I can cut and paste into my text editor and save with a .beswrpt extension.

I can then import that file into Web Reports, run the report and get the results I expect.

I did this using Edge on Windows 10.

I appreciate that this may seem unhelpful, but leewei’s instructions are correct

The same procedure is also officially documented here:
https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/platform/Platform/Web_Reports/c_creating_a_portable_report_for.html

Note the AllowCustomReportCreation setting said at the end of the doc page that need to be used on the target machine in order to have the possibility to import the report ( appears a link at the beginning of the page )

It is suggested to use a new version of Bigfix ( up to 10.0.3 and 9.5.18 )

1 Like

Hi Trn

Thank for your reply.

Anyway I was struggling about the attributes that are between the lines. (Hope I’m expressing well).

Hello gpoliafico,

Thank you for your reply, I managed to do it easily on microsoft edge debugger, however I’m managing to import most of the Web Reports XML from the old to the new console, however I have two that I got this error message.

Error: [More than one value exists for parameter “c” when only one was expected.]

Although I’m doing the same actions to generate the report already tried to understand if any line on XML Web Report was different but I can see anything that make understand the reason why I get that error on some reports I try to migrate.

Also tried to Google to found anything related with but got no luck, do you have any knowledge about it and eventually what can I do to migrate those two by .XML files?

Thank you

Pedro

Sounds like be a bug … maybe better open a case to the support team … indicating the version of Bigfix are using and the report have imported …