Duplicate computer report based on serial number

As the title says how would I create a report of computers that have the same serial number? Better yet a report of only computers that have the same serial number but with the least recent last reported time. This report would be used to remove computers that are no longer active. In our environment we are a requirement to account for every asset so an automatic purge isn’t something we can use due to it possibly removing a computer that has a broken BigFix agent.

Hi @jgallas,

I think the explanation here may be helpful. In my query, I show both the minimum and maximum of last report times for duplicated computers, you could of course report only one or the other.

2 Likes

When I paste this code into a custom web report I get the following:Capture

Also this just seems to show computers that have the same name. In my situation the computers would have the same serial number but different names (computer got reimaged and moved somewhere else).

Edit: I’m an idiot. I forgot to surround the relevance by <?Relevance ?>. This works and displays duplicate computers by name. I was able to find duplicate computers by serial number here which should work for my purposes:

https://bigfix.me/relevance/details/2998823

As always thanks for the insight.