DSA database replication error

I’ve upgraded to 10.0.4, the admin tool on the DSA server is reporting an error that says “Invalid character value for cast specification (2200: 0)”

The filldb.log on the DSA server has the same error, the primary server does not.

Any idea what this means and how to correct it?

I’m using SQL Server, I’m sure that matters…

Hi Mike, we recently installed 10.0.4 as well and have gotten the same error on the DSA server as well. I’m just curious if you have received anything back from tech support on this issue. We have recently opened a support ticket but have yet to hear anything back.

They’ve provided some generic troubleshooting ideas. Check ODBC, check the ports, make the firewall, etc. Also re-index the database and a few other things.

I’ll try those out later today, I’ll update this post afterwards if I find any of these ideas fix it.

Earlier today support provided a pair of update queries that needed to be run on the databases, that appears to have fixed the issue for me. Did you get the same info from support?

Yes, we also received a couple of queries as well earlier this morning and it seems to have fixed the issue for us as well.

I just upgraded my BigFix QA environment to 10.0.4 from 10.0.2 and seeing this error as well.

Appears I need to reach out to support I guess.

Win2019 on Master & DSA with SQL 2016 on Win2016 dedicated SQL servers.

Support linked me to a KB article. I have now upgraded our BigFix QA and Prod environments and applied the queries to both, and so far so good.

https://support.hcltechsw.com/csm/en?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0092703

2 Likes

Hi Derrick,
Is your issue resolved after performing steps mentioned in the link .

Because in my environment, i am getting the same issue and i don’t have WEBUI installed(neither on primary, nor on secondary server).
BigFix version in my environment is 10.0.3.66.

Thanks
Nidhi

The fix solved it for me. If you validated applying it, I would contact support. Maybe something has changed or unique to your environment.