Download stuck in "pending download"

I’m having an action, which seems to be stuck in “Pending Downloads”.

File download says complete, cached on server.

On the relay I can see indexed_3360829_1 in bfmirror\downloads\ActiveDownloads

In the client log it says :
At 15:01:26 +0100 -
DownloadsAvailable: checking for 'http://iem-relay2-bec.res.bec.dk:52311/bfmirror/downloads/3360829/0
At 15:01:27 +0100 -
DownloadsAvailable: false (action id 3360829)

Hope someone can explain or help me solve this :slight_smile:

Regards Henrik

The message indicates the Relay does not yet have the download. I’d check whether the Relay has sufficient disk space to cache the download, and whether _BESGather_Download_CacheLimitMB is set large enough on the Relay and any parent relays to store the file.

I can find the file, to be downloaded, on my top relay, but its missing on my “customer” relay, which has plenty of free space. The file is only approx. 28 mb. so there shouldn’t be any problems with _BESGather_Download_CacheLimitMB, which is not set and therefor should be default 1024 mb.

You may need to reset the “customer” relay. I had issues like that and it was always some kind of gather/versioning out-of-sync. I wrote my own task (windows only) to do this based on KBs/information provided by Support on manual steps of what neds to be done.

// restart the BES Relay first
waithidden cmd.exe /C net stop besrelay

// set starting time
setting “_BESClient_PauseWhile”="{now as string}" on “{parameter “action issue date” of action}” for client

// PAUSE until the relay service stops or 3 minutes has passed.
pause while {(exists running application whose (name of it as lowercase = “besrelay.exe”) OR exists running service whose (service name of it as lowercase = “besrelay”)) AND (now - (value of setting “_BESClient_PauseWhile” of client as string as time)) < 3*minute}

waithidden cmd.exe /C net stop besclient

delete "{value “InboxLocation” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server\GatherService” of registry}\GatherState.xml.bak"
move “{value “InboxLocation” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server\GatherService” of registry}\GatherState.xml” "{value “InboxLocation” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server\GatherService” of registry}\GatherState.xml.bak"
delete "{value “InboxLocation” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server\GatherService” of registry}\bfemapfile.xml.bak"
move “{value “InboxLocation” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server\GatherService” of registry}\bfemapfile.xml” “{value “InboxLocation” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server\GatherService” of registry}\bfemapfile.xml.bak”

waithidden cmd.exe /C rmdir “{value “wwwRootFolder” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server” of registry as string & “bfmirror\bfsites”}” /S /Q

// set starting time
setting “_BESClient_PauseWhile”="{now as string}" on “{parameter “action issue date” of action}” for client

// PAUSE until the relay service stops or 3 minutes has passed.
pause while {(exists folder (value “wwwRootFolder” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server” of registry as string & “bfmirror\bfsites”)) AND (now - (value of setting “_BESClient_PauseWhile” of client as string as time)) < 3*minute}

waithidden cmd.exe /C mkdir “{value “wwwRootFolder” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server” of registry as string & “bfmirror\bfsites”}”

waithidden cmd.exe /C net start besrelay

// set starting time

// PAUSE until the relay service starts or 3 minutes has passed.
pause while {(not exists running application whose (name of it as lowercase = “besrelay.exe”) OR not exists running service whose (service name of it as lowercase = “besrelay”)) AND (now - (value of setting “_BESClient_PauseWhile” of client as string as time)) < 3*minute}

// if for some reason the BES Relay hasn’t started yet, fail here
continue if{exists running service “BESRelay”}

// then restart the BES Client
delete __appendfile
appendfile @echo off
appendfile echo Your administrator is restarting the BES Client… Please Wait…
appendfile net start besclient

delete clientRestart.bat
copy __appendfile clientRestart.bat
runhidden cmd.exe /C clientRestart.bat