Failed
[-]
[+] Download error: "list index out of range"
Download requested on server:
URL: AIXProtocolR2://get.file/openssh/OpenSSH_8.1.102.2102
Hash: (sha1)92b5ed511769a37c7171d3a127e4cc209f1f79d3
Size:
Next retry: 2 minutes. Retry now

Have tried it several times, still same issue.

Is your AIX-R2 download plugin registered and configured as required?

Yes, it has been configured for awhile, we just updated to bigfixx 10. Would it help to unregister it and re register?

I’m not sure as you’d need to open a support case with our L2 team in order to understand if the BF upgrade has anything to do with the current behavior.

That said, what errors have been recorded to the AIXPlugin.log located under the [install path]\BES Server\DownloadPlugins\AIXProtocol\logs directory?

I do not see that directory path, I have:

/var/opt/BESClient/__BESData/__Global

It should be /var/opt/BESServer/DoanloadPlugins/AIXProtocol/logs on a Linux root BES server.

Um, yep I will search for that, but did not find it being a aix server? I might open a ticket with support, are they fairly responsive?

Yes, our L2 team is very good! Please make sure to provide as much detail as possible when opening your support case as collection of required details/logs is the primary contributor to delays.

okay thanks for your responses!

Hello… Was there a solution to this issue? We are currently seeing the same thing in our environment.

Thanks!

Yes, I opened a ticket with HCL and they had me install a Hot Fixx for the AIX R2 plugin, our BES admin applied it, works fine now.

Here is what HCL reported about the issue:

Hi Skid,

This is a known defect:

OpenSSL fixlet fails on Pending Downloads using AIX Plugin
https://support.hcltechsw.com/csm?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0086288

Please provide the following information so that I can provide you with the appropriate hotfix:

1. BES Server details, including OS and BigFix version.
  2. Client server details, including OS and BigFix version.

We too are currently seeing the same issue.

Thank you for that information… I will contact support to get the appropriate hotfix…

No problem, they were very helpful.

Thanks.

Thanks to :roll_eyes:

Does anyone know where the hotfix is available it appears that the case has been marked as resolved, however HCL are saying that has not been made public. This is the response i got from HCL which i think is very poor

Official fix has been made and will publish very soon.
You can visit BigFix Forum site (https://forum.bigfix.com/) where a lot of BigFix enthusiasts and developers are monitoring. Let us know if you have further query, We will be closing this one out on May 05 if there is no query additional query received.

FYI, this is what resolved this for me:
After logging into the IBM account portal on my laptop and accepting the Privacy Agreement (Log in to IBM), the patch downloads were successful.

Hopefully this can help you too!

2 Likes

Seeing this issue also now.
Assume the hotfix is not public yet?