Dos copy

(imported topic written by jpeppers91)

is there a way to hide dos copy when it runs?

(imported comment written by tratz91)

If the native BigFix “copy” command does not meet you needs, you could try:

waithidden c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /C copy /Y

insert source string

insert destination string

This does the trick for me.

I hope this helps.

Tom

(imported comment written by jpeppers91)

Will that work for the download folder?

dos copy “__download*.*” “c:\temp”

(imported comment written by tratz91)

If you are using the native BigFix copy command, it will work fine since __Download is a known location to BigFix.

I don’t know, however, if it will work as expected if you pass __Download as part of a BigFix “dos” command.

If all else fails, you can always replace the __Download reference in your action script with the fully-qualified path for __Download

(in most cases: C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client__BESData__Global__Download

\site name here where required

Tom

(imported comment written by jessewk)

The best way to get the correct full path is to use relevance substitution:

waithidden c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /C copy /Y "{pathname of client folder of current site}_Download*.*

insert destination string

I am having difficulty downloading the files that have been ingested by the Software Distribution wizard. Null shares isn’t possible in my environment. I’ve been using the dos copy command with little success. Is there a better way to copy the files to the temp folder on the target machines?

I am having difficulty downloading the files that have been ingested by the Software Distribution wizard. Null shares isn’t possible in my environment. I’ve been using the dos copy command with little success. Is there a better way to copy the files to the temp folder on the target machines?

(imported comment written by jessewk)

Please post your action script