Domain controller check

Hi,

I have below relevance to check domain controllers but some of the domain controllers are not coming under this relevance

product type of operating system = nt domain controller product type

any idea why those domain controllers are not coming under this relevance.

No, you’d probably need to open a PMR to diagnose it. Os version? Client version? Maybe something wrong in WMI?

windows 2008 and 2012 servers.client version 9.2.6.94. I don’t think it is wmi issue. if I reinstall (uninstall and install)BES client it started showing under this relevance.

The information comes directly from the OS via a structure so I’m not sure why you had to uninstall/reinstall. Was this machine upgraded or anything to these OS versions or restarted recently?

Is this a new analysis/fixlet? How long did you give it to evaluate before reinstalling the client? Have any client logs from before the reinstall?

I’m wondering whether these particular clients had a problem gathering content or failing to report altogether.

we have around 1500 domain controllers in our infrastructure and out of 1500 I have noticed this issue in 60 servers. if I reconfigure BES client then only those servers are coming under this relevance.This is not a new fixlet this have created long back.

I have 2 fixlets one is to identify domain controller and another one is to identify member servers.

1. Domain controller fixlet - product type of operating system = nt domain controller product type
  2. Member server fixlet - product type of operating system != nt domain controller product type

as I said above 60 servers are either not in domain controller fixlet or Member server fixlet.but servers are very much reporting to TEM server.

Ok you’d need to open a PMR so that support can help you look through your configuration and logs then.

Okay Jason. Thank you

For querying domain controllers have you tried AD path contains Domain Controllers?