Disk Predict Failure value issue

Disk relevance code is not able to identify the predict failure for NVMe type

q:if (exists wmi) then if (exists select object “PredictFailure from MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus” of wmi “root\WMI” | false ) then if (exists (select objects “* from MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus” of wmi “root\WMI”) whose(string value of property “PredictFailure” of it as boolean = TRUE)) then “Disk may fail” else “” else “Disk Driver Not Supported” else nothing

A: Disk Driver Not Supported
T: 730.430 ms

I dont have access to a machine with NVMe but if its a case the OS doesn’t have the data in WMI, I would think that more an WMI factor that is merely refelcted by the relevance, or any other WMI based queries such as WMIC. If you can find if and where that data exists then maybe there is a approach that can be developed in relevance.

That relevance works for me - it returns nothing :slight_smile:
That is correct

>> gwmi -class MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus -namespace ROOT\wmi | ft Active, PredictFailure, Reason

Active PredictFailure Reason
------ -------------- ------
  True          False      0
  True          False      0

I have this in an analysis property, refreshing every seven days:

if(not exists (select objects "* from MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus" of wmi "root\WMI") whose(string value of property "PredictFailure" of it as boolean = TRUE)) then "<no failures predicted>" else concatenation "," of (string value of property "PredictFailure" of it & " - " & string value of property "InstanceName" of it) of (select objects "* from MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus" of wmi "root\WMI") whose(string value of property "PredictFailure" of it as boolean = TRUE)

3 Likes

those system having NVme disk having issue

q:if (exists wmi) then if (exists select object "PredictFailure from MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus" of wmi "root\WMI" | false ) then if (exists (select objects "* from MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus" of wmi "root\WMI") whose(string value of property "PredictFailure" of it as boolean = TRUE)) then "Disk may fail" else "" else "Disk Driver Not Supported" else nothing A: Disk Driver Not Supported T: 5.137 ms

q:if(not exists (select objects “* from MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus” of wmi “root\WMI”) whose(string value of property “PredictFailure” of it as boolean = TRUE)) then “” else concatenation “,” of (string value of property “PredictFailure” of it & " - " & string value of property “InstanceName” of it) of (select objects “* from MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus” of wmi “root\WMI”) whose(string value of property “PredictFailure” of it as boolean = TRUE)
E: The expression could not be evaluated: Windows Error 0x8004100c: Not supported

I am not able to find out the NVMe disk path and changed the WMIC but not luck

Try the earlier suggestion about manually running gwmi from a command line.

gwmi -class MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus -namespace ROOT\wmi | ft Active, PredictFailure, Reason

If the data is not there in WMI to begin with, you can’t retrieve it from BigFix either. You’d need to be looking at whether something is corrupt on those machines, or a missing driver, or something along those lines.

This doesn’t look like a BigFix problem at this point.

gwmi itself is not found on windows 10 but below command i can execute

1st win10
C:\windows\system32> wmic /namespace:\root\wmi path MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus
Node - F91768
ERROR:
Description = Not supported

2nd windows 10

C:\windows\system32> wmic /namespace:\root\wmi path MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus
Active InstanceName PredictFailure Reason
TRUE SCSI\Disk&Ven_SAMSUNG&Prod_MZ7TY128HDHP-000\4&558e46b&0&000000_0 FALSE 0

Ok, so in the case of the first box you’ll need to figure out what’s wrong with Windows before you can have BigFix query for the results.

gwmi is an alias for the PowerShell Get-WmiObject cmdlet

Command failed on the system where it is NVMe disk , but works for non NVMe disk . so checking the windows level now.

PS C:\windows\system32> Get-WmiObject -class MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus -namespace ROOT\wmi | ft Active, PredictFailure, Reason
Get-WmiObject : Not supported
At line:1 char:1

• Get-WmiObject -class MSStorageDriver_FailurePredictStatus -namespace …
  •   + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-WmiObject], ManagementException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetWMIManagementException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetWmiObjectCommand

Are SMART errors even a valid thing on NVME devices?