Disable the PowerOn module or Disable the any login

Hello ,
I have received a query from one of our clients. They have a machine that is connected over the internet to BigFix. This machine is used anonymously, so they wanted to shutdown the system completely so that even after pressing the power button, the machine should not start or disable the login, which means even when the machine starts, it should not allow any user to login.

Can any one of the action be done with the BigFix action script or powershell?

You could certainly send a Wipe Disk command through the MDM extender, if you have that set up & configured.

It can be difficult to remotely disable the machine otherwise; my recollection are that attempts to format the drive or clean the disk with ‘diskpart’ fail because Windows won’t allow removing the active partition.

If you have the disk encrypted with BitLocker I believe you could remove the encryption key though.

They are not having any MDM extender setup. Is there anything in BigFix through which we can target specific registry settings of OS to disable the login? So the user won’t be able to login to the system.

If the device is reporting in BigFix, you can send a policy action to force it to shut down whenever it comes online. You can also send a forceful removal of system files to prevent the operating system from launching on reboots.

In short, you may send a single, highly destructive action to completely crash the operating system because you might not get another chance.

If you know of some registry settings to disable logon, sure, we can send that through BigFix.