Disable relay selection

Hi.

We have 50 endpoints with two relays (primary and secondary).
Can we disable the selection of relay that the computers/endpoints or they shouldn’t point to other relays or on the root server as well if the primary and secondary relay are down?

If we select the primary and secondary relay and if those two relays are both down, can we not push the computer to not select another relay automatically?

I’m hoping someone had experienced this also and can help us.

Many thanks :slight_smile:

I’m not sure I understand. If you have two relays and they are both down, the clients will attempt to use the Bigfix server as their relay and there is no other realy available to select?

There are many client settings to control relay selection. First up would be affiliation lists, followed up with the settings available - see https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/9.5/platform/Platform/Config/r_client_set.html#r_client_set__rlsl

For a larger implementation you would probably also look at these settings, particularly _BESClient_RelaySelect_FailoverRelayList & _BESClient_RelaySelect_TertiaryRelayList

If the two relay (primary and secondary) are down, can the computer not attempt to use other relay?
Is there a way or settings that we can deploy to the computers to not use different relays other than the primary and secondary.

If you have two relays and they are both down, there are no other relays to select.

Do you mean that you have a set of 50 clients with a pair of relays configured?
Normally, you would not want clients to become orphaned when their relays are not available and the ultimate failover is for the clients to connect directly to the root server. You can control this behaviour with the settings in the document I linked above

By default, the clients will try to connect to the Root Server, if the Relays specified are not available.
You can change this behavior (not per single client, but only for the whole environment) by setting a Last Fallback Relay: https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/platform/Platform/Config/c_editing_the_masthead.html?hl=Last%20fallback%20Relay