Disable mac updates

try to find a way to disable auto updates within the mac os. So far can’t seem to get anything to work.

This may help

Thanks I have found this article as well I am afraid my issue is more with the reliance side of make that work thru IEM.

So you want to turn what the article has into a fixlet?

correct that is what i would like to do

The “Patches for Mac OS X” site has fixlets that do this already. The fixlet IDs are 10078907 and 10078901. The description is this:

10078907 - The listed computers currently have a user logged in whose preferences are set to automatically check and install new updates via Software Update. Use this Fixlet message to disable automatic update if you do not want users to check or install update automatically via Software Update.

10078901 - The listed computers currently have a user logged in whose preferences are set to automatically check for new updates via Software Update.  Use this Fixlet message to disable automatic update checks if you do not want users to be notified when new software is available via Software Update.

If this is relevant in your environment, I would recommend starting an action to target all computers dynamically with this fix (after testing it of course) so if it becomes relevant at any time, IEM will fix it.

1 Like

doesn’t show up in my tem

i see one with that description but not the id in fixlets

http://bigfix.me/fixlet/details/3975

1 Like