DISA STIG W2008R2 MS - how to set legal notice for CCE-10673-2

(imported topic written by ssipocz)

I created a custom checklist for DISA STIG checklist for Windows 2008 R2 DC. One of the fixlets, Source ID: CCE-10673-2 “The required legal notice will be configured to display before console login” has two hard coded values for the legal notice.

There is not a parameter to this fixlet.

How do I go about creating a custom fixlet or setting a parameter so that the fixlet uses my sites legal notice?

If I have to use ‘Edit Fixlet’, what is the character replacement scheme to use? It looks like spaces are \s, periods are escaped. What about apostrophes?

(imported comment written by JMaple)

ssipocz,

I just got done with tangling with this particular check myself. My research shows that regex can be used a number of different ways but the way that worked for me was using a “.+” for spaces, using “” as an escape, and using “[–]” as a new line/paragraph. Also you will need to break the string up using " & " to concatenate because if your string that you’re searching for can only be so many characters and it will count all of the symbols you’re using in the count so I did it where every two lines got the " & " concatentation. Here is a slice of some of my expression.

By.+using.+this.+system,.+the.+user.+consents.+to.+auditing,.+interception,.+monitoring,.+rec" & "ording,.+copying,.+inspection,.+and.+disclosure.+as.+described.+above…+clicking.+below.+or.+otherwise.+continuing.+to.+use.+the.+system.+indicates.+your.+awareness.+of.+and.+consent.+to.+these.+terms.+and.+conditions.+of.+use…+leave.+this.+site,.+cease.+use,.+or.+log.+off.+immediately.+if.+you.+do.+not.+agree.+to.+the.+conditions.+stated.+in.+this.+warning.