Difference between computergroup and custom site

Hi Guys

I noticed something strange today. I had an analysis running on a custom site. But when I created a report, based on custom groups, i din’t see anything. So after a little digging, I found that the computer was subscribed to the custom site, but not to the computer group. We use LDAP to sync between Active Directory’s OU’s and the custom sites/groups.

I’ve checked both Active Directory Path, and they are both the same. So the custom group has the same active directory Path as the computer group.

Does anybody knows what the cause is? Or where I can start troubleshooting?

Thank you!

I am assuming that the group is in the site… And that the computer knows it is in the OU. I am assuming that this is a newly installed agent and has not yet evaluated the computer group and then communicated the agents membership to the server.

I think there would be two steps, step one, machine subscribes to site and gathers content. Step two, the agent would evaluate the group membership and communicate “report successfully” that detail.

Could you share the screenshot of the group definition?

later,
jgo

Hi @jgo

Thanks for your answer. This is the configuration of the group:

As you can see, it is created in the custom site (which I blurred due to security reasons).

First I thought it would be a syncing problem, but i checked the history of the device and it’s been online since November 2015. So we can rule that out.

Does it have anything to do with the last properties? BES Relay Service installed? A colleague of mine set this group up, so…

Thanks for your help!