Devices not reported in console more than 30 days

Hello guys,

Can anyone suggests we are in a situation where more than 100 machines not reporting in the console. we randomly check machines whether BES client installed or not and found it’s there. Did not check logs because checking logs for more than 100 devices will take time. Finding a solution instead of the manual remediation. Please help if there is an alternate solution.

Let me know any other information require to find out the root cause I will surely share the same.

Thank you,
Raj

There’s not a lot of info to go off, but I’d imagine that you have either a firewall or network issue. Can you manually pull the daily BESClient log from one of the endpoints in question? Specifically I’m wondering if there’s any network communications errors in this log.

If you know that the Endpoints are actually online, and that Firewalls are not the problem, you can try to reset the BES Client.

• Stop the BESClient service
  • Delete the contents of the __BESData folder
  • Start the BESClient service

@Tim,
Can we create a script for the above steps and initiate using GPO. because more than 100 machines and manually it will take time.

What is the best way to do so ?

You shouldn’t blindly reinstall or reset without understanding some root causes of your problems. You are going to need some client logs.

1 Like

@JasonWalker,
True. We are investigating the logs for the machines randomly.

You could create a script to do this for you via GPO, but I would try to make it smart enough that it only does it to clients where the most recent log file is not from “today”. As @JasonWalker says, it is not a good idea to do this blindly. You want to try and determine why the clients stopped reporting if at all possible.