Detecting iPhones/iPads that don't have the bigfix agent installed

(imported topic written by nicklasd)

Good Morning,

I’m trying to detect iPhones/iPads that people have connected to their computer, and I’m wondering if bigfix is capable of doing this. I’m currently using the following analysis to pickup connected USB devices:

If (exists string values whose (it as lowercase starts with “usbstor”) of selects “PNPDeviceID from Win32_DiskDrive” of wmi)Then ((((if exists string value of property “Model” of it then string value of property “Model” of it else “n/a”), (if exists string value of property “PNPDeviceID” of it then (following texts of lasts “” of preceding texts of lasts “&” of string values whose(it as lowercase starts with “usbstor”) of property “PNPDeviceID” of it) else “n/a”)) of (select objects “Model,PNPDeviceID from Win32_DiskDrive” of wmi)) as string)Else (“No USB Storage Devices Connected”)

This analysis works great for most USB devices but unfortunately it does not detect iphone/ipads.

Can anyone help me write a new analysis or modify this current analysis to find connected iphone/ipads? I’ve posted a similar question in other forums with no avail so I’m hoping someone here could help me.

Thanks!

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Anything here help?

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=407647

Ben

(imported comment written by nicklasd)

Thank you for the reply, but unfortunately no, I actually got my initial analysis from that thread though so it has helped me in the past.