Deploy Fixlets based on user group in AD instead of endpoint group

Title says it all, is there a way to do it?

Scenario: I want to deploy a fixlet to a AD group which has users in it, So bigfix has to identify the user’s computer and deploy the fixlets. is there a possible solution? please advise.

Thanks,
Techadmin

Do you want to deploy based upon the current users OU?

BigFix can read the OU of the currently logged in user, but only when an AD user is logged in.

Another option would be to tag the machine with the OUs of the users that log into it and then target based upon tag or current user if you want to be able to deploy when users are no longer logged in.

It is easiest to have offers appear based upon the OU of the current user, because offers are only useful to the user currently logged in anyway.

See this example: https://www.bigfix.me/analysis/details/2998380

1 Like

James thank you, Can you please provide an example for this " tag the machine with the OUs of the users that log into it and then target based upon tag or current user if you want to be able to deploy when users are no longer logged in"

Thanks in advance

You would have an action that outputs the results of unique values of (concatenations ":" of substrings separated by ",OU=" of following text of first ",OU=" of preceding text of first ",DC=" of it) of (distinguished names of local users of it) of active directory to a file if and only if that is not already there.

You might find this info already in here: C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\__BESData\__Global\ADCache

1 Like

Thanks for taking your time to help me out, I’m going to test it and keep you posted later today.

1 Like