Deadline Overdue

What may cause an Action that allows the user 7 days to Take Action to display overdue on day one? The user also reports that this pop’d up upon starting the computer; so the system had been in a powered off state.

The content of the action are multiple patches in a baseline.

I understand that having entries in

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager value: PendingFileRenameOperations

can cause the status to remain “Pending Restart” even though patches installed fine and the system rebooted (we’re seeing this more and more with Office 365’s Click-to-Run updates), but I’m unsure if this would contribute to Overdue.

PMR TS000093487

F935F56F

I would guess this would happen if the client’s clock is wrong, set to the future.

It might also be that the actions “Start Time” was over 7 days ago, but it showed up just now, so it was overdue already. That said, I’m not sure that the action “Start Time” is what dictates the start of the 7 day time frame, I would expect that to be based upon when the machine first gets the action, which if offline until this appeared, would have been just when it was turned on and synced. It is also possible the system got the action, but then was turned off, so it came up overdue.

@AlanM or someone else may be able to shed some light on what the deadline counts down from.

Thanks for the response. The 7 days started today and runs through the end of the month and unlikely it is their clock, as the endpoints on the internal domain and network. I’m also fairly sure that the 7 days starts when the endpoint get the notice; in this case though its moot.

1 Like

That is even more odd that it is a deadline that hasn’t expired at all and is that far in the future.

I agree it is very unlikely. There is a fixlet in bes support that would show if this was the problem. BES Clients Have Incorrect Clock Time

I’d recommend a PMR. I’m really at a loss to explain this.

I am also seeing this. Any resolution foun?d @AlexaVonTess

I had opened a case with IBM and they built a debug version of the besclient.exe. But we patch once a month and it was random enough where it was difficult to reproduce. In addition, it was such a small percentage that I finally gave up. That was probably two month ago and haven’t had a report of it yet (not that it isn’t happening).