Customised Report based on products category

(imported topic written by AakashK)

Hi,

I am looking for a report which can be filtered out based on Product list.

Like there is a report in WSUS where reports can filter based on products. also attached is screenshot

example of some products

OS,IIS,SQL,sharepoint,HTML,visual studio,.NET Framework.Silverlight,etc

Also

Can any one help me on this.

Thanks in Advance

Aakash

(imported comment written by jgstew)

There is already an “installed applications” property in one of the IBM provided analyses which should contain this info.

(imported comment written by AakashK)

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply

Just to clarify the request, one of our client is using WSUS for patching their Windows Servers and as a capability of WSUS they are able to segregate all relevant Microsoft patches on basis of product like, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft office, .Net, Silverlight, Sharepoint, IIS, SQL etc hence they were able to filter out Windows Operating System patches with other Microsoft applications like office, .Net, sharepoint etc.

I explored the fixlets in " Patches of Windows(English)" site but not finding any property which can filter out that this Fixlet is for OS, or for Office component and so on?

So using TEM, how can we get relevance report for OS patches, Windows application patches.

(imported comment written by jgstew)

So you want to know what patches are relevant, filtered for a particular product?

It doesn’t seem like there is a good way to do that through the console. It might be possible to build a report through session relevance but it doesn’t seem like there is a great way to tell exactly what product each update is for in the name of the fixlets or the descriptions, at least not easily. This seems like something worth requesting for IBM to add.

The best option I can think of is to build something externally that would generate this report for you. It would query all patch fixlets with relevant computers, then look up the Microsoft KB associated with it in the “Source ID” field, then go to that Microsoft page and scrape the relevant data from there. Not a simple thing.