We use a text file in tagging our servers. Inside the text file, there is this one liner string that gets pulled by a property:
Property Name: App Name
Relevance: if (exists file "C:\AT\ServiceName.txt") = TRUE then (line 1 of file "C:\AT\ServiceName.txt") else "NO TAG"
Now, we need to create contents that should be relevant for servers that hae certain values for this custom property like App Name = “Jump Servers“
Question is, is there a relevance that will directly do this instead of doing a relevance that will look like line 1 of file "C:\AT\App Name.txt" = “Jump Servers“
I have seen relevance that uses BES property but looks like this inspector is only for session relevance.
Great to hear from you. The short answer is “no”. to prevent loops and other weirdness, client relevance is not allowed to “see” the results of other client relevance, such as letting a Fixlet see the results from a Property.
The good news is a simple workaround. use an action to push the line of that file into a BigFix Setting, then you can just reference the setting value in your other content. That way if you ever need to update the method, it will cascade from the setting to all other content.
I do the exact thing you are asking about. I also had the same question.
In short… I have a Client Setting with the value. That value is assigned by an action that runs daily. It gets the value from the local file, and updates the client setting if doesn’t match. I also combined it with a property in an Analysis so it can be read back into the Console computer view as a field you can add.