Custom Property - Relay Device Count

Hi, I’m fairly new to BigFix and am looking for a way to add a custom property to my relay analysis that would provide the number of devices connected to said relay. I have looked around but have not found any real help on how to go about this. Has anyone here ever attempted to create a property for this, if so care to help?

Thanks.

You can get that information utilizing session relevance.

@masonje has a query that returns that information utilizing one of the session relevance tools.

That’s not a custom property for the relay. The relay itself isn’t aware of how many clients are talking to it.

Is your goal simply to see your client to relay counts?

Correct, I would like to see property that would display a numeric count of devices for each relay.

To add to my previous reply. This information is available if you click on Computers under all content and then sort “By Relay”. Would just be nice to have that added to our relay analysis.

There might be some cool relevance way to do this. The fastest ways to see is with web reports and a a chart.

Limit the search results:

Click “ADD Chart”, then from those results, add in a chart with the results of the relays.

Then you get your counts!

And for greater accuracy, you could add in a filter on the days checked in. Shows you actual load.

Alternately I also have copied the content of what is in the console and pasted it into excel and used a pivot table to get the same results.

@dwilson did this give you want you wanted?

Yes, I decided just to go the reports method. Thanks.