Custom Property: Count applicable components in a baseline

written by StefanoBelluomini

Hi All,

In an attempt to output more useful data to our management teams, I would like to create a new computer property that will show a count of relevant fixlets/tasks [components] from a specific baseline. I am still learning my way around relevance. Anyone know of how to do this?

I am assuming this is possible, as you can select a computer, open the Baseline Component Applicability Tab and select the baseline to show the applicable component count.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Stefano

written by jgstew

This should be possible with Session Relevance. (Console, WebReports, etc…)

I don’t think this would be possible with a (client) computer property.

Do you just need to run a report? Does it just need to be for a single computer for a specific baseline? Multiple computers for a single baseline? Multiple computers for multiple baselines?

written by StefanoBelluomini

Yes we just want to show this information in reports. Multiple computers against multiple baselines.

We have a number of baselines that contain a whole bunch of different fixlets from a number of external sites. For example:

Baseline 1 would have a number of MS Patches in it, which we want to find out how many of those MS Patches a single endpoint or a whole computer group of endpoints, requires.

Baseline 2 would have a number of software packages in it, again we would like to know a count of how many of those software packages a single endpoint is missing or the compliance of a computer group against that baseline; Computer Group1 has 40 endpoints, with 20 of them NOT compliant with Baseline 2 and 30 of them not compliant with baseline 1.

expanding on that, I am sure we can dig deeper and find out information like things like; 20 endpoints in computer group 1 are missing 4 fixlets from baseline 1…

Is this possible?

Thanks

Stefano

You have to use the “session relevance” as advised by Jgstew. The following example will return the list of computer and fixlets relevant for a specific baseline named “Custom Baseline”:

(( name of it) of elements of applicable computer set of it as string, names of it as string) of components of component groups of bes fixlets whose ( baseline flag of it = true and name of it = “Custom Baseline”)

Hope it helps

also, take a look at this topic Report Available: Baseline Compliance by Computer Group