Curious question with others experience about Fixlets/Baselines as opposed to MSUpdate

I’ve run into something curious. As a bit of background, I’ve asked about the difference between when MS Update says compared to what BigFix says, and I think I have a decent handle on it. At least regarding Critical and Important updates. Also, it’s been an interesting change in culture here as we change our procedures for patching machines. We’ve made a lot of progress in a short amount of time. Yay team.

Having said that, I’ve had a few users who run their offers, all is well, but then go and run Windows Update (likely out of habit) to make sure they got everything. Mostly out of still not quiet trusting that BigFix will get them completely patched. I’ve had the users send me screen shots of what they’re seeing so I can look up in BigFix and compare. What’s curious, is that in the screenshots, Windows Updates shows the severity as Important. When I look up the KBs in BigFix, they show as Unspecified. So, what gives? Why the discrepancy? I think I’ve had this answered relatively in my last question, but it does raise questions.

Thanks in advance for reading and helping,
Brian

Do you have examples of specific KB numbers?

Yes of course. I had the users send me some screen shots.
KB2920189
KB3013816
KB3123245
KB3084905
KB3139162
These are just a few. The screenshots show quiet a few updates.