Creating Short code for a property value

Hello team,

I am working on this relevance that will give a short code for our different domains

(

if (it starts with "domain1.com" or it starts with "domain2.com") then "CODE1" 
else if (it starts with "domain2.com" or it starts with "domain3.com") then "CODE2" 
else "Check Domain"

) of (<property> as lowercase)

Whenever I put the custom property (in ) that we are comparing values of the domain names to, I get is not defined.

Any other way I can use the custom property in this relevance?

You can achieve the desired outcomes by using the built-in inspector DNS name.

Q: if (dns name contains "domain1.com" or dns name contains "domain2.com") then "CODE1" else if (dns name contains "domain2.com" or dns name contains "domain3.com") then "CODE2" else "check Domain"
A: check Domain
T: 1.667 ms
I: singular string

Nevertheless, DNS Name is already a reserved property, so you can add it and filter the relevant data in your console view.

Another option, you can use the DNS Name to create a console filter that excludes any devices you choose.

2 Likes

Thank you VK!

Well, the question was generally for any other custom properties that I would like to construct a conditional relevance and not only just for domain.

For the domain question, the relevance you provided and the way you were able to generate it was very helpful. I am curious though, I was not able to find all of the custom property that I have in our environment on the Edit filter → Property drop down text box. Will the list of computer properties only get global properties and not properties that were created under an analysis?

Thank you.