Creating report of listing of local admins

(imported topic written by mellis200091)

Hello,

I posted a topic about how to show the members of the local administrators group, and Ben was able to help me with that. That forum topic is http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=2413

However, now that I have a property setup for each system to tell me what the members of the local admin group are, I am now trying to figure out how to write a report that will display that information.

My format for the report should be this:

Computer Name Members of Local Administrator Group

seclaptop SECLAPTOP\Administrator

UNC-TV\Domain Admins

secdesktop SECDESKTOP\Administrator

SECDESKTOP\mellis

UNC-TV\Domain Admins

Something like that example. I’m not sure how to go about getting my information displayed in the format I want. I tried doing a report based on computer properties, and picking what I wanted, but I don’t have the option to select “Computer Name” as an option, and when I pick other properties, the report looks like this:

DNS Name

Members of Local Administrators Group

Computer Name

bes-dmzrelay.unctv.org

BES-DMZRELAY\Administrator

(1 computer found. Displaying computer 1-1)

BES-DMZRELAY

Any thoughts on what I can do to make my report look like what I want?

Sorry for the convoluted posting.

Thanks,

Mike

(imported comment written by mellis200091)

Never mind. I’m really good at solving the problem after I send in the forum request. I figured out how to modify one of the existing reports and have made it work for me.

Thanks,

Mike

(imported comment written by jpeppers91)

Is there a wway to parse all local groups fro a machine? members of local group give me the names of the accounts but doesn’t tell me which groups they belong too.

(imported comment written by tig91)

(name of it, members of it) of local groups

Hi
I am trying to do this exact thing, can you possibly help me as I need to get this into an excel or csv file, and include the machine name in one column, the type of account such as local or domain, the name of the domain the machine belongs to, and then the name of the group or user that’s a member of the local admins group.